2013年9月26日 星期四

T&T 003-13 Prepositions

T&T 003-13
TEXT: Prepositions tested in this exercise:
for
to
at
in
during
with
from
between
over
without
after
towards
about
On
against


Do it online? Yes!

Fill in the suitable prepositions.

1. Dean is sitting in his cell (1)  Death Row in San Quentin Prison.

2. Every prisoner going through the system has his own thoughts (2)  this insane environment.

3. Most of you are not sympathetic (3)  me.

4. He appeared in front of the Committee (4)  handcuffs and dressed in his underwear.

5. He should still have the opportunity to appeal even (5)  such a long delay.

6. I agree with you (6)  that point.

7. It is easier to think and write (7)  a lot of distractions.

8. You must have a metal detector passed (8)  your body, making sure you are not smuggling weapons out with you.

9. Everyday I went to the yard, I would lean (9)  the wall.

10. There is no difference (10)  weekdays and the weekends and holidays.

11. (11)  the Christmas season, the mail slows from it's usual 2-3 weeks, to 4-5 weeks.

12. I am sure that it has effectively cut off many prisoners (12)  their friends and families.

13. It is not unusual (13)  visitors to wait for an hour or longer.

14. My favorite breakfast is instant potatoes covered (14)  gravy.

15. They turned their backs (15)  me when I needed them most.

16. I explained to them (16)  American attitudes (17)  people in prison.

17. Many people draw comparisons between what happened (18)  the OJ trial and what I have been through.

18. If it does not sound like a big deal (19)  you, maybe you would feel different if it was you who was on trial.

19. (20)  the stroke of midnight on New Year Eve, people will start cheering and whistling.

20. Containing all of his works, this collection includes many which are published (21) the first time.





free counters

沒有留言:

張貼留言