2013年11月30日 星期六

每天讀一遍


每天讀一遍



What are you trying to say?  (你到底想說什麼?)

Don't be silly.  (別胡鬧了。)

How strong are your glasses?  (你近視多少度?)

Just because.  (沒有別的原因。)

It isn't the way I hoped it would be.  (這不是我所盼望的。)

You will never guess.  (你永遠猜不到。)

No one could do anything about it.  (眾人對此束手無措。)

I saw something deeply disturbing.  (深感事情不妙。)

Money is a good servant but a bad master.  (要做金錢的主人,莫做金錢的奴隸。)

I am not available.  (我正忙著)

Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.  (腦中的知識比手中的金錢更重要)

Never say die. It’s a piece of cake.  別洩氣,那隻是小菜一碟。

Don't worry. You’ll get use to it soon.  別擔心,很快你就會習慣的。

I konw how you feel.  我明白你的感受。

You win some. You lose some.  勝敗乃兵家常事。

Don't bury your head in the sand.  不要逃避現實。

I didn't expect you to such a good job.  我沒想到你幹得這麼好。

You are coming alone well.  你做得挺順利。

She is well-build.  她的身材真棒。

You look neat and fresh.  你看起來很清純。

You have a beautiful personality.  你的氣質很好。

You flatter me immensely.  你過獎啦。

You should be slow to judge others.  你不應該隨意評論別人。

I hope you will excuse me if i make any mistake.  如有任何錯誤,請你原諒

It was most careless ofme.  我太粗心了。

It was quite by accident.  真是始料不及。

I wish i had all the time i'd ever wasted, so i could waste it all over again.
我希望所有被我浪費的時間重新回來,讓我再浪費一遍。

I like you the way you were.  我喜歡你以前的樣子。

You two go ahead to the movie without me, I don't want to be a third wheel.  你們兩個自己去看電影吧,我不想當電燈泡。

Do you have anyone in mind?  你有心上人嗎?

How long have you known her?  你認識她多久了?

It was love at frist sight.  一見鍾情

I'd better hit the books.  我要復習功課啦。

a piece of one's mind.  直言不諱

He gave me a piece of mind,"Don't shift responsibility onto others."
他責備道:“不要把責任推卸到別人身上。”

a cat and dog life  水火不容的生活

The husband and his wife are always quarrelling, and they are leading a cat and dog life.  這對夫婦老是吵架,相互之間水火不容。

a dog's life  潦倒的生活

The man lived a dog's life.  這個人生活潦倒。

A to Z  從頭至尾

I know that from A to Z.  我很了解這件事。

above somebody  深奧

Well,this sort of talk is above me.  我不懂你們在講什麼。

all ears  全神貫注地傾聽著

When you tell Mary some gossip,she is all ears. 
Mary講一些小道消息,她會聽地仔仔細細。

all the more  更加,益發

You'll be all the better for a holiday.  度一次假,對你會更有好處。

all dressed up  打扮得整整齊齊

She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.  她打扮得整整齊卻無處炫耀。

all in all  總的說來;最心愛的東西

The daughter is all in all to him.  女兒是他的無價寶。

all out  竭盡全力

They went all out.  他們鼓足了乾勁。

all over  全部結束;渾身,到處

Glad,it is all over.  這事全部結束了,好得很。

I'm wet all over.  我渾身都濕了。

all set  準備就緒

He is all set for an early morning start.  他已做好清晨出發的一切準備。

all you have to do  需要做得是

All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.
你需要做得是靜下心來等好消息。

as easy as falling of a log/as easy as snapping your fingers/as easy as ABC  容易得很

To me,a good story teller,it would be as easy as falling of a log.
對我來說,講個故事還不是隨手拈來。

as busy as a bee  非常忙

Mum is always as busy as a bee in the moring. 
媽媽每天早上都忙得不可開交。

at one's fingertips  瞭如指掌

How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.  他知道怎麼去那個小島。

at one's wit's end  智窮

Don't ask him. It is also at his wit's end.  不要問他了,他也不知道。

big shot  大人物,大亨

He is a big shot in our little town.

black sheep  敗家子,害群之馬

Every family has a black sheep.  家家有本難唸的經。

black and blue  遍體鱗傷

The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.
那個小偷當場被抓住並被打得青一塊紫一塊的。

black and white  白紙黑字

The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.
證據確鑿,兇手再也無話可說。

blind alley  死胡同

You are heading into a blind alley.  你正在鑽牛角尖。

blow hot and cold  搖擺不定

This guy seemed to have no own idea. He always blew hot and cold.這傢伙好像沒什麼主張,總是搖擺不定。

blow one's own trumpet  自吹自擂

Don't blow your own trumpet. Let us see what on earth you can do.
不要自吹自擂了,讓我們看看你到底能做什麼。

born with a silver in one's mouth  出生在富貴人家

He is born with a silver in one's mouth. 他是含著金鑰匙出生的。

bland new  嶄新的

a bland new coat  新衣服

break the ice  打破沉默

The couple hadn't spoken to each other for a week. They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.
這對夫婦已經一個星期沒說過話了。兩人都在等另一方先開口。

by a blow  無意中的一擊

He is beaten to the ground by a blow.  他被擊到在地。

can't stand it any longer  不能再忍受了

I can't stand it any longer, I quit.  我再也忍受不了了,我走。

carry something too far  過火了

You are carrying your joke too far.  你玩笑開得太過分了。

castle in the sky  海市蜃樓

You plan is nearly a castle in the sky.  你的計劃簡直就是空想。

cats got one's tongue  啞口無言

chain smoker  老煙槍

come up with  產生,想出

Let me come up with some ideas.  讓我想一想。

come easily  容易

Languages come easily to some people.  有些人能夠很容易地掌握語言。

cup of tea  喜歡

Movies are not my cup of tea.  我不喜歡看電影。

cut it out  停止,住嘴

Cut it out! I can't stand you any longer.

call it a day  不再做下去,停止  (某種活動)

Let us call it a day, stop.  這一天工作夠了,停工吧!

dark horse  黑馬

Nobody considered that John would win the game. He was a dark horse in the final.

dear John letter  絕交信

Jack received a dear John letter from his girlfriend because he had broken her heart.

do somone good  對某人有好處

Having some morning exercises does you good.

Do you get me?  你明白我的意思嗎?

doesn't count  這次不算

It doesn't count this time, try again.

doesn't make sense  不懂;沒有任何意義

The sentence you made doesn't make any sense to me.

down and out  窮困潦倒

Being down and out, he couldn't support his family.

drive at  用意,意欲

What's he driving at?  他用意何在?

drop in  偶然拜訪

I dropped him in on my way to the hospital.

drop me a line  寫信給我

On arriving the University, please drop me a line.

early bird  早起的人

An early bird catchs worms.  捷足先登

easy come easy go  來得快去得也快

eat my words  收回前言,認錯道歉

I said something bad to my mum.Although I want to eat my words back, it didn't work,for I had hurt my mum's feeling.

face the music  直面困難

He knew he'd never get away with it so he decided to face the music and give himself up to the police.
他知道自己不可能逃脫,因此決定一人做事一人當——向警察自首。

face up to  勇敢地面對某事

You must learn to face up to your responsibilities.

fed up  厭倦

I am rather fed up with your complaints.

feel free to do something不要拘束

Please feel free to make suggestions.

few and far between 很少,稀少

Human beings are few and far between in this zone.

French leave 不辭而別

give me a headache讓人頭痛

The naughty boy gave me a headache.

give me a hand  幫我一下

go Dutch AA 

God bless you  上帝保佑你

God bless you with your examinations.

God knows  天知道

Got it?  明白了嗎?

green thumbs/fingers  園藝技能

hands are full  非常忙

have a ball  勇敢

have had it  受夠了

I have had it with all your excuses.  我受夠了你的藉口。

hold water  站得住腳

Non of his arguments seem to hold water.

in every sense of word  在某種意義上說

It's a lie in every sense of word.  這是不折不扣的謊言。

keep an eye on  提高警惕

kill time  打發時間

lazy bones  懶骨頭

Get up lazy bones!

leave it to me  讓我來吧

leave me alone  別管我

like father like son  有其父必有其子

like it or not  不管你喜不喜歡

make a fool of oneself  愚弄某人

make a big money  賺大錢

make both ends need  收支平衡

We have to cut our expenses to make both ends need.

make waves  引起轟動;興風作浪

His achievement made waves in his country.

make yourself at home  別拘束

no good  沒有好結果

Bad mam comes to no good.

no kidding  不要開玩笑

none of your business  不關你的事

not really  也不是……

old hand  老手

He is an old hand at stealing.

old story  老一套

I am tired of it, same old story.

on one's word of honor  以某人的人格擔保

on occasion  間或

of one's own accord  自願地

packed like sardins  擁擠

During the holidays, people in the trains are packed like sardines.

pass away  去世

pay the price  付出代價

You are playing with the fire and you must pay the price one day.

put up with  忍受

I cann't put up with your rudeness any more;leave my room.

red-letter day  重要的或值得紀念的日子

red tape  繁文縟節

red carpet  紅地毯

run into  偶遇

I ran into an old friend in the shop yesterday.

run out of  用盡,缺少

Quick, quick, we are running out of time.

show up  炫耀

small potatoes  小人物

so what?  那怎麼樣呢?

stand up for  忍受

suit one's taste  對某人的胃口

Sunday dress  最好的衣服

sure thing  十有把握的事

take one's time  盡情玩

Take your time and enjoy it.

take the words out of one's mouth  說出某人想說得話

that's it  就是

that is really something  太好了

there is nothing I can do  我什麼都不能做

there you go  這邊請

there is nothing wrong with me  我沒事

under the table  死底下,秘密地

under the weather  身體不適

what's going on  怎麼了

what a man  多勇敢的人啊

walking dictionary  活字典

what is up  近來可好

Hi,I haven't seen you for a long time, what's up?

world class  一流的




















Flag Counter






沒有留言:

張貼留言